Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Preppy Southern Wedding


Anyone who really knows me, knows that I love all things preppy and southern. I love anything that has to do with Lilly Pulitzer, pearls, the color pink or J.Crew. The south is where I was born and have been raised the majority of my life. I love it and I want my wedding to reflect the south and my preppy personality. Every little girl dreams about her wedding day and how it look, who will be there and most importantly, what she will wear! Since I have my wedding planned to a tee, I would love to share it with y'all.

I plan on hopefully getting married in my home church, Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church or First ARP or wherever I am living at the time with my fiance. (I realize that there will be a lot of out of town guests). The wedding will take place at the end of May or first of June. I want a southern and preppy wedding so many guests can wear sundresses and seersucker (if they want), so my ideal wedding would happen in the morning around ten o'clock. The church will be decorated with light pink and white peonies mixed with green hydrangeas. My bouquet will be only light pink peonies but my bridesmaids will have a mix of both. 
My bouquet filled with light pink peonies and one hot pink peony with hints of green. Simply gorgeous.
 Before the wedding begins, me, my mother and my six bridesmaids (I want a small wedding party) will be getting ready for the most important moment of my lifetime. I have envisioned us all wearing over sized men's button downs with our initials on them, while we are getting ready that morning. They will all be white with the girls initials in pink, but my button down will be light pink with light green or white initials with my new monogram! 

Not only do the bridesmaids get to wear the cutest over sized shirt with their monogram but the bridesmaids dresses will also be too cute! You hear so many stories of terrible bridesmaids dresses but in my wedding I want them to look pretty too and get another wear out of their bridesmaids dress. I will be choosing my bridesmaids dresses from J.Crew. J.Crew has tons of options, styles, cuts and colors to choose from. Now, I am not the bride that wants them all to have a different design. I like tradition and uniformity and so in keeping with that belief they will all be wearing the same light pink short bridesmaids dress with gold Jack Rogers. For their jewelry I would like them all to wear pearl earrings with maybe a pearl bracelet. Their nails and toenails need to be painted either light pink, clear polish or nude. Their hair needs to be pulled neatly off of their faces and their makeup needs to be neat. Call me a Nazi bride but these girls are my "runway" and they need to look beautiful too.
This is a beautiful look that any girl will be able to wear. Because this dress doesn't look like a bridesmaid dress the girls will be able to wear this again. I mean I would even wear this now! It's so cute!













The moment has finally come to head to the church. The girls all line up and the groom and groomsmen are at the front of the church awaiting the brides walk down the aisle. As I would try to peep in and watch each bridesmaid walk down the aisle I would see that my groom and his groomsmen are dressed in seersucker suits with a pink bow tie (or tie). And on each of their lapels they have a pink peony. 
Now I know that picture above doesn't show a man with a pink peony on his lapel but let's use our imaginations. Of course my father and my three brothers would be wearing a seersucker suit and the bow tie color of their choice. My mother would be wearing a beautiful outfit and she has great style so I don't even need to dictate her outfit, I know she'll look beautiful. But before I walk down the aisle to marry the man of my dreams I am forgetting one four legged sweet person, my black miniature poodle, Georgia Lee Keiser. Georgia will most likely walk down the aisle with Mommy and she will wear a cute little Lilly Pulitzer dress that has been made just for her. We treat our dog like a human y'all so this isn't creepy or weird for us. Where ever we go, she goes too.
This is Georgia on Thanksgiving this past year. She's the sweetest baby you'll ever meet!


Finally, the time has come for me to walk down the aisle with my daddy to Cannon in D. The church is filled with everyone I love and I am so overjoyed to be marrying the man of my dreams but also to be wearing the wedding dress of my dreams. When I envision my wedding dress, I picture a strapless A-Line lace gown. Around my wast I want to have an embellished sash that ties in a large bow in the back. For my jewelry I want to wear my pearl necklace, pearl earrings and the pearl bracelet that my parents gave me on my 21st birthday this past December. For my something borrowed I want to wear my Mommy's veil which is long and magnificent. As for my shoes I want light pink heels, in keeping with my personality. I don't plan in staying in the heels all night because I will change into light pink Jack Rogers with my new monogram on them for the reception.

Once the vows have been said and the groom has kissed the bride, it's time for the reception. I want my reception to be under a beautiful white tent that overlooks the lake. In the tent, wood floors will be put down and chandeliers will be hung. As for music, I don't believe in having a DJ. DJ's are for sweet sixteen birthday parties, not for weddings y'all. So in saying that, I want the band to play beach music and Motown. My guests will be shagging all afternoon. The food that I want to serve at the reception will be BBQ and good old fashioned southern favorites. The drinks served at the reception will be pink lemonade (all with a green lime attached to the side of the lid of the drink), sweet tea, water, coke, beer and wine. At my reception you can either shag on the dance floor or play a game of corn hole.



The cake is next to the last thing I will talk about. It always seems that the wedding cake is the first thing people want to see when they arrive at the reception. My wedding cake will be very simple. I want it to be a three round tiered cake and in between each tier there will be light pink peonies and green hydrangeas. On top of the cake will be a cluster of the same flowers. The icing will be white butter cream and the cake flavor is yet to be determined but it will be simple. :)

This cake would be perfect if it didn't have the gold bands, the monogram and had some pink peonies mixed in with those green hydrangeas. But overall, this is the basic idea of the wedding cake I hope to some day have.

When the reception is coming to an end I want my guests to throw rice at my husband and I as we leave for our honeymoon. I plan on leaving in an old black Rolls Royce and spending my dream honeymoon in Bora Bora.

This is my dream wedding and I hope y'all enjoyed hearing about it. This vision is what I believe is my version of my preppy southern wedding. I hope one day soon it comes true!!











1 comment:

  1. You really have planned everything! (Can I say how happy it made me to think of your puppy in a Lily dress???) With your mastery of detail you could be a consultant in many types of artistic endeavors. (After all, isn't that what a wedding ceremony and reception are together...events that are 'works of art'?)

    ReplyDelete